Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Link in group error

Solved

Link in group error

• I have an issue on my frontpage template with my button links.

I have made some splitsections in the design, and in the backend ACF i have made a frontpage location specific fieldgroup. Inside this I have a group to the splitsections with the failing link array to my buttons.

I have double checked that my fields have the right names and is of array type. So i am thinking that it is the “indention” of the array that makes the problem?

The markup in my template is this:

$split_section_1 = get_field(‘split_section_1’); //this is the splitsection group
    $split_section_1_btn = $split_section_1[‘split_section_1_btn’]; //this is the splitsection group button that fails.
    ?>
    <div class=”grid grid–lg-2x grid__gutterless split_section”>
    <div class=”split-section-text px-lg py-lg”>
    <h2 class=”text-3xl”><?php echo $split_section_1[‘split_section_1_title’]; ?></h2>
    <?php echo $split_section_1[‘split_section_1_text’]; ?>
    ” title=”<?php echo $split_section_1_btn[‘title’]; ?>” class=”btn–inverse”><?php echo $split_section_1_btn[‘title’]; ?>
    </div>
    <div class=”split-section-image”>
    ” alt=”<?php echo $split_section_1[‘split_section_1_image’][‘alt’]; ?>”>
    </div>
    </div>

I suddently can’t even save the template in wordpress. It just fails with the error message:
    Your PHP code changes were not applied due to an error on line 58 of file wp-content/themes/lindhardt/templates/frontpage.php. Please fix and try saving again.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot access offset of type string on string in wp-content/themes/lindhardt/templates/frontpage.php:58
    Stack trace:

• I realised that i was missing an s in get_field – so it works with get_fields (array)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.