Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Link external URL to image field

Helping

Link external URL to image field

• Hi, and I apologise if this has been answered (I did search first with possible not the right terms).

I have a requirement that I need to create a grid section on a page showing sponsor logos. I need to link the images to the sponsors websites. In the Image field I cannot se where I can hyperlink the images to an external website.

I can however make a new field to add an external URL, but I have no idea how to make the image use the URL field.

I have purchased the Gallery plugin as well, and see that it has a grid to work with, but am not sure if this presents a grid on the frontend of the website? If it does, and presents as responsive, then can I add URL’s to each image in the gallery to open a sponsor website?

I hope these questions are clear enough on what I wish to achieve.

Ciaran

• Hi @cmwwebfx

The gallery field is a back end UI for managing a gallery of images. It does not effect the front end. You will need to code the MARKUP in your theme using the data managed by ACF.

You can create a field group containing a text field and this field group to all media attachments.

Then, when you edit a media attachment, you can add a link. This will allow you load the external URL for each image.

Your other solution (easier) is to use the repeater field to create a table where you have 2 columns: image + link. Loop through these rows and create the MARKUP

Cheers
    E

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Link external URL to image field’ is closed to new replies.