Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO License Transferability & Versioning

Helping

License Transferability & Versioning

• Hello,

I have two question regarding the ACF Pro (Developer) License. I can’t find any full license text for the Pro licenses, so if anyone can point me to that it would probably be helpful.

Here are my two specific questions:

1. Does the Pro license apply to all future versions of ACF or just to versions 5.x?

2. Does the developer license allow bundling ACF Pro in a full website distribution (as opposed to in a plugin or theme)? Specifically, we built a website for a client (work-for-hire) with the intention of maintaining it indefinitely; however, the client has decided to take full control/ownership of the website. Does our developer license cover their continued use of ACF Pro, or do they need to purchase their own license?

Thank you,
    — Travis Warlick

• 1) Don’t know the answer. I’m assuming that it will apply to all future version. On the other hand, I use it enough that if Elliot wanted another c note I probably wouldn’t hesitate.

2) I think your dev license would cover them taking control of a site you built. However, if this was me I’d likely deactivate my license. ACF will still work. If they want to get updates after that point then they’d need to buy their own license. Actually, I generally don’t leave my license active as a general rule. I’m the only one that updates sites I control so I just activate and deactivate as part of the update process.

Not sure if that helps, I’m just another user. To get official answers to your questions you might try [email protected]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘License Transferability & Versioning’ is closed to new replies.