Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO license key premium theme

Solving

license key premium theme

• I tried to search but couldn’t find an answer. I’m pretty new to this so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

When you are using ACF Pro in a premium theme, how does that go with updates of the plugin? You can’t use the license key (developer license), so do you need to manually update the plugin each time? So for each client that uses the plugin I would need to upload the new updated version of ACF Pro?

• http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/including-acf-in-a-plugin-theme/ Might answer your questions.

I’d say that means that if you use it in a theme, that is the latest version they can get unless they buy their own license, then they can get updates.

I’m not a lawyer. So I might be misunderstanding.

• I found that post already and wasn’t really helpful. English isn’t my first language either so it could be that i’m just misunderstanding.

So what I’m getting is, you have unlimited use of ACF Pro but when you include it into a premium theme, you can not include the license (obviously) and people will need to buy their own license in order to get updates? Is that correct?

I’m currently using the gallery field in a theme for a client, so in order to keep that working and keep it up to date, is for them to buy a license?

• 
    So what I’m getting is, you have unlimited use of ACF Pro but when you include it into a premium theme, you can not include the license (obviously) and people will need to buy their own license in order to get updates? Is that correct? 

I think it works.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘license key premium theme’ is closed to new replies.