Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Large Number of Fields Breaking Repeater?

Solved

Large Number of Fields Breaking Repeater?

• Hiya! I’ve been using acf for all my site builds – it’s truly the best. But I just ran into a snag and I can’t quite figure it out, so I thought I’d inquire here.

I have a page with 6 tabs, each with a repeater field underneath (so 6 repeaters). Each repeater has 3 sub-fields (2 text fields and a checkbox). There’s historical data for these fields (about 400 entries) that I have in a spreadsheet, and because I’m not a masochist I chose to import them into the db via a sql query, rather than enter them in one by one. Then I updated the meta_value for the field to the right # and voila, everything is showing up perfect!

HOWEVER (cue dramatic music), when I try to modify these entries now, the database doesn’t seem to be affected. I delete, add, modify the text, hit “Update” and the page refreshes and none of my changes take.

I tested my process using only 5 entries instead of the ~400, and when I imported a small number of rows it seems to work fine. So my hunch is that there’s some glitch that happens when you have more than n number of repeater rows? Or am I missing something obvious?

Let me know! The client needs to be able to add rows in the future, so having it static like this won’t work, I’m afraid. Any help/suggestions would be great! Thanks!

• Aaaaaaand I answered my own question by digging a bit deeper into your forums. I found this thread: http://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/repeater-field-values-disappearing/

And discovered that dropping the following into my htaccess file fixed it:

php_value max_input_nesting_level 128
    php_value max_input_time 300
    php_value max_input_vars 3000
    php_value max_execution_time 300
    php_value post_max_size 32M

Though I haven’t tested on my live server, only localhost, but I think that my problem was the max_input_vars thing. Yay!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Large Number of Fields Breaking Repeater?’ is closed to new replies.