Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Label-input doesn't mach with datepicker

Solved

Label-input doesn't mach with datepicker

• In the admin, the label for the input field for the date with the datepicker doesn’t match the id of the input field.

I have some blind clients who told me they could not find the input field for the date. They use a screen reader.

Here the code in my site as an example:
    <label for="acf-field-oogv_acf_agenda_date">Datum activiteit <span class="required">*</span></label>
    should match the
    <input type="text" value="" class="input active hasDatepicker" id="dp1406645005788">

So for a screen reader user to find the input field the id of the input field should be “acf-field-oogv_acf_agenda_date”.
    Or the label for should be “dp1406645005788”

Is it possible to fix this in a future release?

Below the complete generated HTML by the datepicker.

Kind regards,
    Rian Rietveld

<div id="acf-oogv_acf_agenda_date" class="field field_type-date_picker field_key-field_5242865ed257f required" data-field_name="oogv_acf_agenda_date" data-field_key="field_5242865ed257f" data-field_type="date_picker"><p class="label"><label for="acf-field-oogv_acf_agenda_date">Datum activiteit <span class="required">*</span></label>Kies de einddatum van de activiteit (dd/mm/jjjj)</p><div class="acf-date_picker" data-save_format="yymmdd" data-display_format="dd/mm/yy" data-first_day="1"><input type="hidden" value="20140308" name="fields[field_5242865ed257f]" class="input-alt"><input type="text" value="" class="input active hasDatepicker" id="dp1406645005788"></div></div>

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Label-input doesn't mach with datepicker’ is closed to new replies.