Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues itemprop code being stripped

Solving

itemprop code being stripped

• HI. I am have been using ACF for a year, but not to its FULL capabilities as it is quite complex in what it can do — you already know this, so forgive me if I am not using it correctly.

I have a wysiwyg field that I enter:

<div itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Review">
    <meta itemprop="description" content="Skylight Alternative. Fill your home with the sun's free natural light." />
        <meta itemprop="datePublished" content="2016-08-15" />

But when it renders, it just shows this:
    <div>

What am I doing wrong?

Is that suppose to happen?

Not sure where to put this question so it is in General Issues…

• This is not an ACF issue, but a WP issue. WP does not recognize those attributes as being valis, so it strips them out. You must modify WP and TinyMCE to allow those attributes or install a plugin that does this. https://github.com/Hube2/wp-schema-org-in-editor

• thank you for the reply and insight, what makes your statement confusing is that when I enter the data into the default WP editor, the code is not stripped.

When i enter it into the advanced custom field does it remove it.

• You may have something installed that works in the normal content editor but it not effecting the ACF editor?

What version of ACF are you using?

• I just tested this on a basic WP site with nothing else installed. If I add this to the main editor in code view.

<div itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Review">
    <meta itemprop="description" content="Skylight Alternative. Fill your home with the sun's free natural light." />
        <meta itemprop="datePublished" content="2016-08-15" />
    </div>

the switch to visual and then back to code view, the only thing that’s still there is

<div></div>

So I have to assume that you have something already installed that is modifying the main WP editor field.

• interesting. thanks for the help. I do not know what I would have to do that.

Back to the first thing you sent, how do I install the wp-schema-org-in-editor.php file onto my site? Where, what directory, and is there any other coding like in the functions file?

• The reason I asked what version of ACF you’re using is that the editor in 4 is different than the editor in 5. Installing that plugin I suggested may not help you.

• Sorry, sorry, long day, I read your question but blanked out.

ACF version is: 4.4.11

• Is 5 out for download?

• there is a beta version of ACF5 for free download that needs testing, but I don’t think it’s recommend to install on a live site yet.

But this is the reason that it’s working for you in the normal wp editor but not in ACF. The editor in ACF4 is a different editor and you need to configure it to allow what you want separately, and to be honest, I don’t know how you’d go about doing that or even the first place to start. You must have a plugin already installed that’s allowing the schema markup, though I wouldn’t know what it is. Either that or someone has added some custom filters to your site that allowing it.

I believe that the editor works in a similar way, what you would need to do is start digging through the ACF 4 field code and create something. There may be something out there already, but again, I can’t say. I don’t recall seeing anything on this subject here on this forum.

• here is the funny part. i entered that code in text view and previewed it, it looked good, I added more, saved as draft, it looked good. the moment I switched to visual view and went back, the code was stripped.

I now see what you mean, so no, I do not have anything that made it stay.

so it does not work either way, I guess it will be a hard coded templated for this.

• AHHH. I see, I can create a field with that data and then it should work… OOOH, I like it,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘itemprop code being stripped’ is closed to new replies.