Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Issues with saving pages

Solved

Issues with saving pages

• We are experiencing issues with two of our WordPress sites when trying to save pages. Our standard setup is as follows:

• WordPress version 5.3.2
    • ACF plugin version 5.8.7
    • Classic Editor plugin version 1.5
    • Wordfence and iThemes Security plugins

We have custom ACF fields on our post/page templates.

Recently, when we try to update/save a page, we are redirected to https://<domain&gt;.com/wp-admin/post.php instead of https://<domain&gt;.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=11&action=edit, and the changes are not saved.

As a test, we tried deactivating the Classic Editor plugin and reverted to the Gutenberg editor, and we are able to update the main content/body of a page. However, any changes made to the custom ACF fields are not saved and the “Update” button just sits on “Updating”, even though we receive a notification in the bottom left corner to say the page has been updated.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how we can troubleshoot and/or resolve this issue?

• try disabling wordfence and security plugin and see if that corrects the issue.

try reinstalling ACF (download from your account and upload to the site)

try reinstalling WP update

I know that this is not an issue with WP/ACF/Classic Editor. All of my sites run this combo and I’m not seeing any issues.

• Hi John,

We have tried disabling the security plugins to no avail, but we haven’t tried re-installing the ACF plugin. If we re-install the plugin, will we need to re-create all of the custom fields and data?

Any idea why the ACF fields are working with the Gutenburg editor?

• No, you won’t need to recreate data.

Generally when things like this happen a file got corrupted in some way. I would just upload the ACF files using FTP to make sure everything is in working order.

• Hello, was just wondering if this issue was ever resolved? We are seeing a similar problem and it’s very occasional but very annoying. We can’t seem to track it down.

• Hi spacecats,

We managed to track down the issue after an exhaustive investigation.

The issue was caused by a rule in the OWASP ModSecurity ruleset in WHM/cPanel; we had to disable the following rule:

REQUEST-949-BLOCKING-EVALUATION

After disabling that rule we had no further issues with saving posts or other entries in WordPress.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Issues with saving pages’ is closed to new replies.