Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Issues with Flexible Content not saving in ACF PRO

Solved

Issues with Flexible Content not saving in ACF PRO

• Hey guys,

I’ve got a custom post type with two flex fields on it for adding layouts to two different areas of the page.

The trouble is, when after I publish the page after adding ANY fields to either of these flex fields, the don’t save. Where they should be I get this error for each row layout that’s missing:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'acf_fc_layout' in .../wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/pro/fields/flexible-content.php on line 232

There are other flex content fields on my site that work fine.

Any ideas?

• A bit more information; I’ve determined that the issue is caused by the flexible fields being under a tab.

For some reason the flexible content field works as soon as I pull it out into the first tab rather than a sub tab.

Could it be something to do with the flex field being hidden on load by the tabs?

• The new update (5.2.2) has fixed this issue, thanks.

• I currently have ACF Pro 5.3.1 and I still have the same issue. Once I move it above my tabs it works fine. So this not fixed in the new version.

• @mwalcott33 I’m experiencing the same issue in ACF Pro 5.3.1. The fields save when outside a tab but not under.

• moving to new post

• same issue w/ 5.3.2.2

first two flexible content modules work great, the third is what throws up the error:
    Warning: Illegal string offset 'acf_fc_layout' in /Users/harbinger-air/Dropbox/sites/bootstrap/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/pro/fields/flexible-content.php on line 232

for reference, i have a flex content field w/ various layouts (col_6,col_4 etc…) each layout has tabs for each column to keep things tidy for clients.

edit:
    this issue only affects the third column – all columns follow the same structure and have the same options (img, plain text or wysiwyg).

• With version 5.3.5 i have the same problem:

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘acf_fc_layout’ in C:\MAMP\htdocs\pulkus2.dev\wp-content\plugins\advanced-custom-fields-pro\pro\fields\flexible-content.php on line 233

it is flexible-content under a tab.
    The error shows up in wp-admin when i publish the page.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Issues with Flexible Content not saving in ACF PRO’ is closed to new replies.