Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Issues reordering repeater fields in widgets in the customizer

Solving

Issues reordering repeater fields in widgets in the customizer

• If you rearrange repeater rows in widgets in the customizer, then all rows vanish except for the first row during the selective reload. However, content and order stay intact when saving and returning to the normal view.

Thanks!

• Hi @mrbutlertron

I’m afraid I couldn’t reproduce this issue on my end. I’ve just tested it on WordPress version 4.5.1 with ACF version 5.3.7, and the order was working correctly. Could you please make sure that there’s no conflict between plugins and theme? You can check it by trying to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Fifteen) with other plugins deactivated. If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

Thanks 🙂

• Hey, I’m working with an extremely bare bones theme I created just for testing ACF Fields Types with the customizer. The only plugin that is installed and activated is ACF Pro 5.3.7. Here is a quick video of the issue I’m running into:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a356wvg9nwdgo1n/acf-repeater-widget.mov?dl=0

Are you testing a custom widget, or a core widget modified with the dynamic_sidebar_params filter?

Thanks!

• Hi @mrbutlertron

Thanks for the video. I see the issue now. I thought you were talking about the repeater row itself.

I’m not sure why, but it seems that WordPress only show the first row on the preview. Because customizer is fairly new, I’m afraid it’s not fully tested yet. Could you please open a new ticket from the following link so this issue can be passed directly to the plugin author? Here’s the link: https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket. Also, please explain the issue again in that ticket.

Thank you very much!

• Thank you for taking the time to help me report customizer bugs! Submitting ticket now.

Thanks again!

• Elliot sent me a updated widgets.php file and the issue is now resolved. Thank you so much for working out this issue in a very timely manner.

I also emailed [email protected]

Thanks again!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Issues reordering repeater fields in widgets in the customizer’ is closed to new replies.