Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Issue with adding fields to Flexible Content layouts

Helping

Issue with adding fields to Flexible Content layouts

• WP 6.1
    ACF Pro 6.0.5
    Hi Guys,
    I just started experiencing this issue today. When I try and add a field to an existing Flexible Content field layout the field (let’s say a text field), on save, gets saved outside the layout as a brand new field. See attached screenshot.
    I even set my DB back to yesterday and the issue persists. Also I noticed when you try and add the field to the layout the default field label is “New Field” with a default field name of “field_name”. When you rename the label to say Shops the field name doesn’t generate to shop automatically. It used to!.
    I tried activating/deactivating ACF and field groups and fields and tried field duplicating with no luck. Using FireFox if it matters.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

• Resolved! Of course my own fault. I have a custom themed ACF backend that inadvertently hid the Add Field button at the bottom of the layout fields so I assumed the Add Field button on the top was the way to add fields to the layout.
    Anyway my ignorance may help someone else. Glad it was my fault tbh πŸ™‚

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.