Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Gallery Field Is there a way to use get_sub_field to return unformatted data?

Solving

Is there a way to use get_sub_field to return unformatted data?

• Hi – I am looking for a way to include a gallery field that will produce a WP default gallery inside a repeater. When I’m outside the repeater I can get it to work perfectly by using the extra parameters in get_field:

$image_ids = get_field('photos', false, false);

but I am struggling to get the same effect inside the repeater with get_sub_field – I know it doesn’t have those extra parameters to return unformatted data, but is there any other way to strip out just the IDs inside a repeater like this?

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers!

• Hi @elemenopy

Unfortunately, it is not possible to load sub fields without formatting.
    I will add this to the to-do for ACF5 and see if there is a way to solve the limitation.

Thanks
    E

• I am using galleries as sub field and they are working perfectly. At my localhost anyway. When I tested my website on my test server, the galleries didn’t show… What could be going on?

Thanks

• lucawater- do you mind sharing the code you used to get it work?

• Unfortunately, it’s not an ideal solution.

In my WordPress ACF settings, I made a repeater field inside a flexible content field. There is an image field inside that repeater. I’m getting the images’ data with ‘get_sub_field(‘image’)’ and put these in a gallery(royalslider).

• Owww!!! I have the same problem!!!
    Just posted a New Topic about this!

Elliote, any news about this on version 5?
    Maybe I could use the Beta right now!

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is there a way to use get_sub_field to return unformatted data?’ is closed to new replies.