Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Is the Field Key of an ACF custom field the same as the WP Custom Field K

Solved

Is the Field Key of an ACF custom field the same as the WP Custom Field K

• I am using Yoast’s video seo plugin, and it offers the ability to look for video content in custom fields. If you take a look at the screenshot, you can see I am using the field key for this…is equivalent to the WP field key?

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s97/sh/5180d646-8e8a-4161-8474-f1f83a1c1962/7b1d72f08057eac0b0bd06bffcfdeafa

• Elliot

• July 18, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Hi @jrstaatsiii

For each custom field value saved on a post (video), ACF will save 2 records:

1. The value: This postmeta entry will use the field_name (video) and the value will be the field’s value (video url)
    2. The reference field: This postmeta entry will use the field_name with a prefix (_video) and the value iwll be the field’s key (field_12353)

I think you should change your Yoast’s value to ‘video’, or what ever the field name is.

Cheers
    Elliot

• yup that worked. thank you. -Rich

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.