Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Integrate ACF PRO in a theme

Solved

Integrate ACF PRO in a theme

• Hello,

I have a little theme with ACF 4.x integrated and everything works like a charm.

I’m trying to integrate ACF PRO but I can’t make it…

I’m using the code from the docs with some modifications from some topics of the forums.

Here is the code:

include_once( 'includes/acf-pro/acf.php' );

add_filter('acf/settings/path', 'my_acf_settings_path');

function my_acf_settings_path( $path ) {

// update path
    	$path = get_bloginfo('stylesheet_directory') . '/includes/acf-pro/';

// return
    	return $path;

}

add_filter('acf/settings/dir', 'my_acf_settings_dir');

function my_acf_settings_dir( $dir ) {

// update path
    	$dir = get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/includes/acf-pro/';

// return
    	return $dir;

}

All the references are OK, but if I activate debug mode in WordPress, I get this errors:

Warning: include_once(api/api-helpers.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/themes/hg_framework/includes/acf-pro/acf.php on line 82

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'api/api-helpers.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.3/lib/php') in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/themes/hg_framework/includes/acf-pro/acf.php on line 82

Fatal error: Call to undefined function acf_get_path() in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/themes/hg_framework/includes/acf-pro/acf.php on line 86

I’m in localhost using MAMP. ACF 4.x works perfect.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

• Hi @hectorgarrofe

Can you please double check that the paths (in the PHP error) are correct paths to files?

• Hello Elliot,

The paths in the PHP error are correct. acf.php is located at this path.

Maybe:

// include helpers
    include_once('api/api-helpers.php');

I don’t have an api folder inside ACF PRO plugin folder. I downloaded the plugin a few days ago.

• I downloaded the plugin again, with this directory (I don’t know why isn’t there) and everything seems to be working.

By the way, when I want to create a new custom field, I can only write the title. The Location and Options, are empty.

Thanks in advance!

• I’ve got the same problem. After Integrate this plugin into my theme the field are empty. It’s possible to create a group but then its empty.

I hope someone had an solution.

Thanks!

• Hi @rsb91

If you install the ACF PRO as a plugin, does the issue go away?

• Hi @Elliot,

Yes, if I install the plugin normally everything works properly. But thats not what i want. I try to get it in my theme folder.

I have now added the plugin with the TGM plugin. But it is better to integrate the plugin directly in the theme.

Thanks!

• Hi @hectorgarrofe

Does it make a difference if you define the filters before including the acf.php file?

• Also, you may be using the wrong function to set the path. Please use the code here: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/including-acf-in-a-plugin-theme/

You may find that get_stylesheet_directory() returns a different result to get_bloginfo('stylesheet_directory')

Thanks
    E

• I am having the same problem, I’m including the plugin in my theme as below:

/* Include Advanced Custom Fields */
    include_once("_includes/acf-pro/acf.php");

add_filter('acf/settings/path', 'my_acf_settings_path');
    function my_acf_settings_path( $path ) {
        // update path
        $path = get_stylesheet_directory() . "/_includes/acf-pro/";
        // return
        return $path;
    }

I have also tried get_template_directory_uri() and get_bloginfo('stylesheet_directory').

The plugin is included and activated but I am getting 404 erros for the ACF stylesheets. This happens if (as above) I define the filter underneath the include function. If I put the filter above it then Custom Fields dissappears from the WP admin sidebar.

404 Errors

It works fine if I put the folder in plugins but this is not ideal.

Please help!

• Hi @StormTrooper

Can you please copy/paste the URL shown in the JS error and test if the file can be found? Perhaps there is a mistake in the URL?

• It can’t exist at that URL.
    http://localhost/fs/website_name/wp-content/plugins/Users/Storm/Sites/fs/website_name/wp-content/themes/theme_name/_includes/acf-pro/inc/datepicker/jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.min.css?ver=5.0.8

As you can see above, the first part of the URL looks into the /plugins dir. Then the URL starts at /Users after that, which is the URL that $path is returning with get_stylesheet_directory(). It should wipe that whole URL and just start from http://

To see what was going with $path, I tested the following:

$path = get_stylesheet_directory() . "/_includes/acf-pro/";
    print_r($path)

returns
    /Users/Storm/Sites/fs/swiftcarbon/wp-content/themes/swiftcarbon-theme/_includes/acf-pro/

$path = get_template_directory_uri() . "/_includes/acf-pro/";
    print_r($path)

returns
    http://localhost/fs/website_name/wp-content/themes/theme_name/_includes/acf-pro/

With get_template_directory_uri(), there are no errors reported, so presumably it’s finding the files it needs, but then Custom Fields menu item disappears from the WP admin sidebar.

• Hi @StormTrooper

Thanks for the info. Your debugging shows that your code is creating the correct $path variable.

Have you added the other filter to modify the dir? This is also documented in
    http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/including-acf-in-a-plugin-theme/

Can you please attach your full PHP to include ACF / modify settings?

• Aaaaaahhhhh… I didn’t customize the ACF dir. How embarrassing. It’s working perfectly now.

Thank you so much for your help!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Integrate ACF PRO in a theme’ is closed to new replies.