Here is what I setup.
1. Created 2 CPTs: providers and goods.
2. Using ACF for creating a field group (List of providers) which includes several fields:
– Provider name.
Location: Post type = providers.
3. Adding some providers.
4. Using ACF for creating another field group, which includes the below fields:
– Provider: using Post Object, Filter by Post Type: providers.
– Provider address.
– Provider email.
Location: Post type = goods.
5. And now what I would like to work when adding a new good.
– Entering the name.
– When I choose one provider, the provider address and provider email fields automatically being filled with the information, which I already saved before in step 3.
– If I change to another provider, the Provider address and Provider email fields will be also updated correspondingly.
I have a similar construction (pun intended). I develop sites for builders and have a FLOORPLANS Custom Field Group with fields liked Bedrooms QTY, Bathrooms QTY, Square Feet, Price, etc. I also have a HOMES field group with Floorplans populated with the namefrom the other field group via Post Options but I would also like to bring over Bedrooms, Baths, etc. from FLOORPLANS. Essentially a clone of the values from FLOORPLANS and then let the user customize the values if necessary.