Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Insert PHP code on specific place with ACF into WPBakery Page

Solving

Insert PHP code on specific place with ACF into WPBakery Page

• What I want to do: I want to insert a PHP file on a specific position inside the page “content”… with ACF and WP Bakery Editor.

• The website used the WP Bakery Editor
    • The PHP file is in the template folder
    • I created an ACF “True/False” with the fieldname “insert_slider”, and it shows on that specific page.
    • I selected the field in the WP Bakery editor
    • At the frontend it shows “1” (so the field is set on “true”) – so far so good

… Now I would like to output a PHP file at the point where the “1” is now.

But how i can tell the field …
    if “insert_slider” is set true than <?php include_once( get_template_directory() . "/inc/mitarbeiterinterviews.php"); ?>

i’ve insert this into the page-template from this page:

<?php if ( get_field( 'insert_slider' ) ) : ?>
    	<?php include_once( get_template_directory() . "/inc/mitarbeiterinterviews.php"); ?>
    	<?php else:?>
    <?php endif;?>

But it puts the slider on the position from the code inside the template file. Not on the chosen position inside the WP Bakery Editor instead of the “1”.

Wordpress: 5.9.3
    PHP: 7.4.21
    ACF: 5.12.2
    WPBakery: 6.8.0 (Visual Composer)

• This is a question for the editor you’re using and not ACF. I do not know how to include a template file with that editor.

In most cases with these editors you need to use a shortcode to do something like this. https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/add_shortcode/

The shortcode would run the php code that you posted.

Unless there is something in the editor you are using that lets you add php code in the editor.

• Thanks for the feedback.

I’ve already tried it with a shortcode. Unfortunately, this is executed when I save the page in the backend. Very strange. So I thought you could easily solve this with ACF. 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.