Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues include_3rd_party() on a non-object

Solved

include_3rd_party() on a non-object

• Hello,

I wrote custom front-end form while ago and it was works fine, lately I got error when save post data.

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function include_3rd_party() on a non-object in /home/****/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/api.php on line 249

I have repeater and Flexible Content Field installed as add-ons.

• I have the same error messages in my error log. Not sure what is causing the problem, everything still seems to work.

• 2 months no update?

• I also have this same issue. Using 4.3.8 with add-ons for Categories, Gallery and Repeater.

Really need a fix for this ASAP!

• I experienced a similar problem today. In my case, it was because I had a variable named $acf and the error went away after I renamed it. I’m posting this in case it helps someone.

• I have input field with name acf[id], After change it I have no error.

Thank you yitwail.

• Same here.

In my case, this error occurs when using two functions together.

get_field_object() and get_fields().

Using get_fields() before get_field_object() leads me to this error.

Still no answer?

• I missed @yitwail ‘s answer. Problem fixed!
    Lessons learned. DO NOT USE ‘$acf’ for variable name.
    Got it now 🙂

• I have the same error messages showing up on a web site I’m developing a plugin for. I do not have $acf in any of my code. It may be in one of the other plugins on the web site (it’s not mine to being making changes to).

However, I don’t think that “Do not use $acf for a variable name” is a fix.

The plugin developer should be using classes and namespaces to prevent other plugins from interfering with it’s operation.

• I have the same issue as wp_kc … I’m getting the “PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function include_3rd_party() on a non-object” error on a number of different sites. I have no variable called $acf in any of them. Would be great to have this fixed … Thanks

• @yitwail
    ‘s answers solved it for me. Removing the variable-name $acf made the error go again. My error was:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function is_path_valid() on array in '/app/public/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/api/api-helpers.php:296'

and

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function init() on array in '/app/public/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/api/api-helpers.php:296'

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘include_3rd_party() on a non-object’ is closed to new replies.