Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Importing Flexible Content fields causing issues

Solving

Importing Flexible Content fields causing issues

  • Really not sure what’s going on here. I am trying to to an import from my local install to live site and am running into very strange problems with some flexible content fields. I have a number of layouts, most of which contain some repeaters. None of the sub fields for the repeaters are importing, and only the first 7 our of 11 layouts are importing.

    Now I already had this field group set up on the live site with 7 layouts setup. But after doing some reworking locally, I deleted the old field group and tried to import. The strange thing is that the 7 out of 11 layouts that are actually importing are the same layouts that were in the old field group. None of the new layouts are importing, and again none of the sub fields on any repeaters are being imported.

    I am also using the following extension, but I’m not sure if this is related to the problem: https://github.com/Hube2/acf-reusable-field-group-field

    Attached is the json for the field group I am having trouble with. Has anyone experienced something like this before?

  • Hi @truheart

    I’ve just imported the file you’ve attached, and it imported all of the 11 layouts.The repeater subfields were also imported correctly.

    It’s possible that your server has a post limit that causes that behaviour. Could you please try the fix on this page: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/limit-number-fields/?

    Also, Could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Fifteen) with other plugins deactivated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

    Regarding the old layouts, It’s possible that you have a cache plugin or activated the Local JSON feature. Please clear your website cache and check if you have ACF Local JSON file in your installation.

    I hope this helps.

  • Hi James, thanks. Right, so it looks like it is a problem with the server. It is running into some sort of execution error after about 30 secs and taking me to a “service unavailable” page. Updated the max input vars as well as execution and input time in php.ini, but am still receiving the same problem. I also called support and they said suhosin was not enabled on the server and there wasn’t much else they could do.

    Simply uploading the acf-json directory in my theme won’t work either because I am using that reusable field group plugin and I lose it’s functionality when using only the acf-json. Syncing doesn’t work either because I run into the same problem on the server as when importing the json files directly.

    Also, debugging live is pretty much not an option. I can duplicate the install and all of it’s plugins on another server, but I think that might defeat the purpose.

    I guess I could manually build the fields, but in the long-run it’s just not a viable solution. Really scratching my head on this one…

  • Hi @truheart

    I think moving to another hosting would be your best shot. ACF is data-intensive, so if you can’t increase the max_vars variable, you’ll most likely face the same issue in the future.

    I hope this makes sense.

  • Thanks, well as I said I did increase the max_vars as well as execution time in the php.ini but it didn’t do anything. If I find the solution I’ll make sure to post it here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.