Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Importing custom taxonomy terms with custom fields

Solving

Importing custom taxonomy terms with custom fields

• I have set up a custom taxonomy that has custom fields attached to each term using ACF. I have a a couple hundred terms that I want to import from another CMS and am not sure how to go about doing this. Does anyone know how I can import terms for this taxonomy with their respective custom fields?

On my site, my taxonomy is called “Countries” and each term in this taxonomy has these fields: “coordinates” and “photo_url”.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• As far as I know there aren’t any tools in existence that will let you import the ACF custom fields attached to a taxonomy/term. This would probably be something that would need to be custom built for the job.

• ACF Support recommended the WP All Import plugin:
    http://www.wpallimport.com/advanced-custom-fields/

But given the $200 cost for something I would use once, I didn’t even bother to investigate if it would actually import custom fields for terms. I realized I could manually enter in the data in about 2 hours, so I just went ahead and did that.

• Yeah, as far as I know, while I have used WP All Import, in it’s a great plugin for importing data for posts, the current version that I have does not import terms/taxonomies. So you made a good choice.

• Hello @tarheeldev and John Huebner,
    I also want to import the custom fields attached to each term using ACF.
    Can you help me , with you custom code ?
    I did the my own code but it’s not working.
    Actually update_field() function seems not working for taxonomie’s term.
    I have used in this way update_field($key,$value,$term->taxonomy.’_’.$term->term_id);
    But still it’s not working.
    Please help me.
    Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Importing custom taxonomy terms with custom fields’ is closed to new replies.