Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Importing ACF

Solved

Importing ACF

• Hi,

I am performing an import of more than 500 items with the wp-ultimate-csv-importer free version.

I managed to import all the ACF fields except for the relationship and taxonomy fields.

As I read in this post: https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/importing-data-2/, serialized arrays of post IDs are used for relationships, serialized arrays of term IDs are used for taxonomies.

I am trying to upload a CSV formatted like this:

Title;Relationships;Taxonomies
    Test;”a:2:{i:0;i:651;i:1;i:649;}”;”a:2:{i:0;i:18;i:1;i:19;}”

It doesn’t work.

Is there a way to import these fields? How should the CSV be formatted?

• I’m not sure you can import serialized data.

But if you can, ACF stores a serialized array of string values representing the IDs.

Your first array

array(0 => "651", 1 => "649")

would be serialized by ACF as

a:2:{i:0;s:3:"651";i:1;s:3:"649";}

• No, is not working.

If i use a CSV like this:
    Title;Relationships;Taxonomies
    Test;651,649;18,19

The element created have only the first Relationship with 651 post but not the second one 649.
    And have only the first taxonomy selected 18 but not the second one 19

I’m not understanding what the wp-ultimate-csv-importer does with the pro version to import that kind of fileds.

• You will have to contact the developers of your import plugin. Most of the big import plugins include premium add ons for ACF. Either that or there are filters and actions that can be used it extend them.

• Sure, thank you very much.

I’ll keep the thread open; in case I find a solution, I’ll post it here; otherwise, I’ll close it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.