Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Import Post Types from ACFE (Advanced Custom Fields Extended)

Solving

Import Post Types from ACFE (Advanced Custom Fields Extended)

• Hello, and congrats on adding the post types feature, it’s fantastic to finally have it built-in!

Unfortunately I have dozens of Post Types set with ACFE (as I’m sure lots of other people do), and migrating these manually would be a massive pain 🙁

Is there any chance you’ll be adding an import tool to import Post Types from ACFE like you did for CPTUI?

Alternatively, an option to import from PHP would cover a lot more use cases (since ACFE and other plugins allow to export in PHP).

Thank you!
    Alessandro

• You would have to ask the developers, but I can say there is no way I would convert existing post types and taxonomies on an old site and I’d leave them as they are. I would only use ACF for this on new sites or if adding new post types/taxonomies to an old site. Why fiddle with something that’s working? I’m assuming you are using ACFE for other things as well and don’t plan on removing that plugin.

• Hi @hube2

there is no way I would convert existing post types and taxonomies on an old site and I’d leave them as they are

Understandable, but I would 😛

Why fiddle with something that’s working? I’m assuming you are using ACFE for other things as well and don’t plan on removing that plugin.

Because:
    1. I like the way your plugin handles this a lot more than how ACFE does it
    2. I want our website to depend on as few plugins as possible, and ACF is the one plugin we will 100% always keep and will never remove.

I get your points, but then if you think this request doesn’t make sense, why is migration from CPTUI a feature in the first place?

Thanks

• It’s not my plugin and I’m not a developer, I’m just another user offering advice.

If you really want to move them then I’d talk to either the contact the ACF developers or the ACFE developer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.