Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Image upload/media library not working with ACF 4.3+

Helping

Image upload/media library not working with ACF 4.3+

• Hi there,

We are currently working on a site which uses the ACF plugin, and it also uses the following add-ons:

– Taxonomy Field (1.4)
    – Flexible Content (1.1.0)
    – Gallery Field (1.1.0)
    – Location Field (1.0.0)
    – Options Page (1.2.0)
    – Repeater Field (1.1.1)

When we use the latest version of ACF (4.3+), the image upload does not work. When the user clicks the image upload on a post, the upload takes a very long time (20 mins for 1 image), and none of the gallery items are shown. If you go to the media library in WP, you can see items OK but upload is still slow, and you can’t pick items to use in posts from there, obviously.

We have rolled back to 4.2.2. and the site is working fine again but we miss out on the new features of the latest ACF plugin. We have tried previous versions of WP and are currently on latest 3.8. The issues remain, the only way to fix the problem is to roll back core ACF plugin to 4.2.2.

Have you heard of similar problems before? I have been looking through the previous posts but I could not find a solution?

Our developers have spent considerable time trying to find out what the issue is, but we were unable to locate it. We have tried increasing/decreasing buffer pool size for SQL but this did not fix the issue.

If you need to see code, please let me know and I can provide it as the site is currently in development (due to go live on Monday!).

Thanks,
    Dan

• Hi @dan@thehideout

It sounds like when you launch the image popup, there is a lot of loading which explains the slow performance.

Do you have many fields on your website?
    Do you have many field groups?
    Do you have many complicated field groups using ‘not equal to’ location rules?

Thanks
    E

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Image upload/media library not working with ACF 4.3+’ is closed to new replies.