Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Image sizes ignored in backend

Solved

Image sizes ignored in backend

• I’m using some image fields in my backend, and I set the preview size to one of my thumbnails. This has worked just fine, but since I redefined my thumbnail sizes, ACF ignores them completely and new images are previewed in their full size instead while old images are displayed in the correct thumbnail format.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Edit!
    This thread can be removed (seems I can’t do it myself or can I?). I was lacking a php module for handling images, and my issue had nothing to do with ACF.

• Hi Johan,

You should also know that if you redefine your image sizes you’ll need to regenerate already existing images for them to work with the new sizes.

You can use a plugin for this like https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

I can’t delete your topic but if you set a post as the answer it’s considered done 🙂

• Hey,

Thanks for your feedback. I do already regenerate my thumbnails. My problem was my live server environment was lacking PHP-ImageMagick, so no thumbnails where created. Once I installed that, everything works just fine.

Seems I can’t set original post to answer, so I’m setting this as answer instead.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Image sizes ignored in backend’ is closed to new replies.