Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Image field with return "image array" outputs "image ID"

Solving

Image field with return "image array" outputs "image ID"

• Hi!

I’ve been having a small issue while modifying and saving field groups.

When having images fields with return values set as “image array” I would get image IDs as output. To solve this, I would then have to open the field group, change the selector from “image array” to “image ID” and back again to “image array” and save the changes.

It has happened a few times, so before solving it the way I did I tried generating the export code and found out that the field had an empty string as return format. Like this:
    'return_format' => '',

Has anyone had the same problem?

ACF Pro 5.3.9.2
    WP 4.5.3

• Hi @vicskf

That’s weird. Did you use the Local JSON feature? If you did, could you please sync the field groups? This page should give you more idea about it: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/synchronized-json/. If that doesn’t work, could you please backup and delete the Local JSON folder?

If you didn’t use the Local JSON feature, did you use a cache plugin? Could you please clear the cache and see if it fixes the issue?

Thanks 🙂

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Hi @antonca

Could you please share the complete code? Maybe the code is executed before ACF is loaded. Could you please use the acf/init hook for the snippet?

thanks 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Image field with return "image array" outputs "image ID"’ is closed to new replies.