after upgrading from 5.5.14 to 5.6.0 image fields suddenly return object instead of the previously selected arrays.
This broke a lot of sites and we had to rollback.
Please fix asap, thanks!
I’m having the same problem
Just got confirmation that it’s a bug in 5.6.0
Great, I was starting to worry as it breaks some other tack on plugins we use as well. Thanks for the update.
object also on relationship field, return array instead ID
I have the same problem also. What is more, Crop function in plug-in to ACF PRO stopped working as well.
I’m experiencing a similar behavior and can confirm this bug was introduced in ACF 5.6.0.
This may also be related to Front End image fields failing validation.
Im having the same issue on relationship fields, but in reverse – they now only return IDs!
When a field returns only IDs, this is usually to to a conflict somewhere. Most of the time this conflict is a pre_get_posts filter that’s effecting the way that ACF fields are loaded. Deactivate other plugins and switch themes and see if you can narrow down what’s causing the issue.
Thanks John, I don’t want to hijack this thread, but I fixed the issue by using the field key rather than the name to access the relationship field contents; then all was back to normal.
I probably have a naming collision somewhere, although its strange that I didnt see this behaviour before the 5.6 update.
Thanks for the pointers nonetheless!