Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Flexible Content Field If there a limit to number of subfields one can have?

Solved

If there a limit to number of subfields one can have?

• Hi,

First of all kudos for building such an awesome plugin!

Right now, I have setup a single field in which I have a lot of sub fields but I have run into a situation where any more changes are not being saved.

If I try to add more sub-fields, that gets discarded. Even any change to the “Button label” doesn’t work. If I duplicated the field, that doesn’t get saved either. One thing that I found was if I add a subfield in between somewhere and not at the last of all the sub-fields I have, it does get saved but then the very last subfield gets deleted, which makes me think I am running into some kind of limit here.

Please suggest what to do! I am not using any other plugin other than ACF core + ACF Flexible Content Field on Twenty Twelve theme.

• Hi!

How many subfields do you have?! 😉

I’m not sure but I can’t see a reason why elliot would’ve put in a limit for subfields so what happens would probably be your php memory limit not keeping up.

• Hi guys.

There is no limit on sub fields, only a limit of how much your server is capable of doing in one page load.

If you are hitting limits, you can find out in your server logs. You can contact your host for help with this

Thanks
    E

• Thanks guys! I was hitting up the max_input_vars limit in my php. Bumping that up in my PHP config file solved the issue.

• Hi Elliot, I got same problem. I tried to change but it does still not work. Please help me!!

• If you’re on a shared host its possible that your changes to max_input_vars does not apply.

Try contacting your server supplier and ask them if they can bump it up for you 🙂 I believe 1000 is the default value which you need to increase

• Hi Jonathan, thank you for your reply. It’s solved.

• Hi Jonathan, thank you for your reply. It’s solved.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘If there a limit to number of subfields one can have?’ is closed to new replies.