Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues If statement for a false selection

Solved

If statement for a false selection

• I’m trying to hide a div if a true/false is un-checked or a date has passed from the date picker. I’ve got the date picker part working, but I can’t get the true/false bit to work.

From my limited php knowledge and reading the docs, I have this;

$false = get_field('deposit_required', false, false);

which is then used in this line of code;
    <div <?php if($date_passed == "date-passed" || $false == 'true') echo 'class="display-none"'; ?> class="container " id="deposit_box">

I’m thinking its something really simple I’ve overlooked as looking at other threads, it seems a simple thing to achieve.

Thanks
    Wayne

• I’ve sorted this. For some reason the reply from @bentangible isn’t showing. This is what they wrote;

You might want to check out Loops & Logic for this, it makes this kind of thing relatively easy. It uses a syntax like HTML to achieve this kind of functionality instead of needing to work with PHP. So to achieve what you’re trying to do, you’d create a template that included some markup like I’ve written below, and then you’d display it on your page either using a shortcode or the block in the page builder you’re using:

<If acf_true_false=deposit_required>
    <div class="container" id="deposit_box">
    <!–your div content goes here and all this will be displayed if the deposit_required ACF true/false field is set to "true"–>
    </div>
    </If>

The nice thing about this approach is you’re not bloating the dom with display-none content, you’re actually not even rendering that whole div if the ACF true/false field is set to false. In my example above I assumed your field was called deposit_required but I’m not well-versed in PHP so I might have misinterpreted exactly what you’re trying to do. I just find it’s easier to work with L&L for this kind of thing where you just need to display some HTML data or conditionally show/hide stuff. Much easier to understand than PHP for me personally since it just uses regular HTML syntax.

I then ended with this;

<?php if ( get_field( 'deposit_required' ) ): ?>

<div <?php if($date_passed == "date-passed") echo 'class="display-none"'; ?> class="container " id="deposit_box">
       <div class="row">
           <div class="col-12">
    	   <h3><?php the_field('deposit_box'); ?></h3>
    	   <p>Phone <a href="tel:XXXXXXXXXXX">XXXXXXXXXX</a> or <a href="mailto:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">email</a> to pay your deposit and book your place on the event.</p>
    	   <p><strong>Non-refundable deposit option.</strong></p>
    	   <p>XXXXXXX offer a non-refundable payment option on selected events of £45.00 and over. A 25% deposit is required at the time of booking with the remaining balance due no later than 3 weeks prior to the event.</p>
    	   <p>Failure to pay on time will result in places cancelled without any refund offered and your deposit payment lost.</p>
           </div>
       </div>
    </div>

<?php endif;  ?>
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.