Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) I can’t edit any field on ACF

Solved

I can’t edit any field on ACF

• I am already using the latest version (6.2.4), but I am unable to edit any custom fields in the group fields. I can create new ones and delete (and duplicate) the existing ones, but when I click on edit, it doesn’t work. When I hover over the button, the link shows the exact URL I am on, but with a # at the end. For example: wp-admin/post.php?post=21281&action=edit#

I have already watched YouTube videos about editing and creating new fields, and everything works fine there. I was using version 6.2.1 (which also didn’t work), and I updated it, but it still doesn’t work.

I may not have enough permissions, but the administrator has already told me that I do. If I can’t edit, why can I delete?

• Look for JavaScript errors in the browser console. More than likely this is the cause but you need to look for the specifics.

• Yeah, I got this error when i click to edit the field:

select2.min.js?ver=1.0:1 Uncaught Error: No select2/compat/dropdownCss
        at j (select2.min.js?ver=1.0:1:1396)
        at n (select2.min.js?ver=1.0:1:2682)
        at select2.min.js?ver=1.0:1:1168
        at D.apply (select2.min.js?ver=1.0:2:16454)
        at new e (select2.min.js?ver=1.0:2:18920)
        at new e (select2.min.js?ver=1.0:2:20939)
        at HTMLSelectElement.<anonymous> (select2.min.js?ver=1.0:2:28843)
        at Function.each (load-scripts.php?c=1&load%5Bchunk_0%5D=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,wp-polyfill-inert,regenerator-runtime,wp-polyfill,wp-hooks&ver=6.4.2:2:3129)
        at e.<computed>.each (load-scripts.php?c=1&load%5Bchunk_0%5D=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,wp-polyfill-inert,regenerator-runtime,wp-polyfill,wp-hooks&ver=6.4.2:2:1594)
        at a.fn.select2 (select2.min.js?ver=1.0:2:28802)

And this error when i click to edit the fields groups (but this works fine)

dataTables.responsive.min.js?ver=1.0:42 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'Api')
        at dataTables.responsive.min.js?ver=1.0:42:68
        at dataTables.responsive.min.js?ver=1.0:18:281
        at dataTables.responsive.min.js?ver=1.0:18:308
  • You either have a conflict with another plugin or you have a corrupt JS file on the site. I cannot tell by what you provided where the error is happening, what file is initiating the error. You need to start there. Is it an ACF file or something else?

A test to see if you have a corrupt JS file is to add this to your wp-config.php file

define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true);

This will not tell you where the issue is, but it will tell you that you have a corrupted, minified JS file. If the site still has the error then there is a conflict and you’ll need to figure out what is causing the conflict.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.