Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) How to indicate a parent child category relationship when bulk importing

Helping

How to indicate a parent child category relationship when bulk importing

• I have a custom post of Business and each Business has a primary category(parent) and secondary category(child) with taxonomy fields using Advanced Custom Fields. I’m going to be importing into a fresh install that doesn’t have any categories set yet and I’m importing from a spreadsheet. So my question is how do I identify or create the parent/child relationship? My spreadsheet has a column for the primary category(parent) and one for the secondary category(child). But how do I indicate that the secondary category is a child of the primary category(parent)?

• When bulk importing categories on WordPress, you can indicate the parent-child relationship by including a “Parent” column in your CSV file and specifying the parent category’s name or ID in that column for each child category. The importer should then create the hierarchy accordingly.
    It’s also possible to use a plugin such as WP All Import which allows you to import data into custom fields, custom taxonomies, and other WordPress data.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.