Account

Home Forums ACF PRO how to disable select2

Solved

how to disable select2

• Hello,
    how to disable select2 in front ?

thanks

• Hi @zagriyen

I have not added a setting to disable select2 yet. On which fields would you like to remove it?

• Hi @Elliot Condon

I’m struggling with this also. I need a way to auto select a value in a Post Object field in the WordPress Admin. My situation is as follows:

I have two custom post types where one relates to the other via the Post Object field. There are certain situations based on criteria of the viewing user that I want to auto select a value in the Post Object field.

Is there a way to do this with the Select2 enabled? If not, I would like to be able to disable the Select2 for this field type.

Is there a way to do this manually in my functions.php?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Hi @neiloffshoot

For sure. Please read up on the acf/load_value filter. You could use this to apply a value when one does not already exist.

Cheers
    E

• Brilliant! The acf/load_value filter worked like a charm.

Thank you so much!

• Hi @Elliot Condon

I wanted to check on this, too. Specifically, I’d like to use a dropdown for a Single select Taxonomy field used on a User form. This request is mostly for added accessibility.

• I’d like to disable select2-search on all select menus. Specifically on front-end forms, but also fine if disabled in the admin area as well.

In my case the menus are fairly short and there’s just no need for search. I could potentially just hide it with CSS, but it seems that disabling it from appearing at all would be the better route.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘how to disable select2’ is closed to new replies.