Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO How to create hierarchical custom fields?

Unread

How to create hierarchical custom fields?

• I’m not sure what keywords to search for, and the search here yields very little. I was very excited with this post during the launch of 5.7.0 — https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/blog/acf-pro-5-7-0-new-architecture-new-features/ — but none of this works even in 5.8.3 that we use.

Basically, we have some categories and subcategories. Based on the categories selected by a user while creating a post we’d like to show custom field 1 (which is a post object from another custom post type values). Based on the selection in this custom field, we’d like to show custom field 2 pre-populated with the right kind of values. BAsed on the selection in this custom field 2, we’d like to show custom field 3 with the kind of values pre-selected.

I thought this was easily possible with conditionals. But now that I’m getting to use conditions for the first time, it seems to be impossible to relate the value of a previous field in a group if that previous field derives its value from a post object. Am I missing something?

We need “values” of many custom fields to come NOT from the values we manually input inside ACF set up of a field, but from the values thar are created for that CPT custom post type. Welcome any pointers, thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘How to create hierarchical custom fields?’ is closed to new replies.