Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) How to create a dynamical adapting number of text fields and or images.

Solved

How to create a dynamical adapting number of text fields and or images.

• Is it possible to deal with a changing number of entered objects (e.g. images and or list items). I have created an advanced post type and assigned a set of advanced custom fields to it. The content of each object differs. On one i would have e.g. 3 images and 4 list items and on another e.g. 9 images and 1 list item. Is there already a way for the user, entering the data, dealing with that issues. Because at the moment each data has to have a predefined custom field as far as i can see.
    But is there a way, after you filled out e.g. a text field for a list item, that either a new empty text field gets added automatically or that the user has the opportunity to add another via an add button? Is something like that already possible with acf? Haven’t found anything related in the docs nor the forums. But it was already difficult to find the right and fitting topic description. :/ Anyway thanks in advance and best regards Ralf

• Hi @rpk

What you are describing is a perfect fit for the repeater field add-on:
    Check out the demo video to learn more:
    http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/add-ons/repeater-field/

Thanks
    E

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Hi @rpk

I can’t give you an accurate reply for your first 2 questions as they are written a bit confusing, but casically, think of the repeater field as an XML table where the USER can ONLY create rows, not columns.

You define the columns (image, caption, link, etc)

And the USER creates all the rows of data

As for the licensing, you can use your repeater field on any website you create!

Thanks
    E

• This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How to create a dynamical adapting number of text fields and or images.’ is closed to new replies.