Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues How to auto-populate WPForms 'Dynamic Post Type Source' dropdown with a list of

Solved

How to auto-populate WPForms 'Dynamic Post Type Source' dropdown with a list of

• I have ACF Fields setup for Post Type while using WooCommerce. Each single Product has unique ACF Fields such as {“location”} value and {“brochure”} value.

I would like to use WPForms’Dynamic Post Type Source’ to create a dropdown list that autopopulates dynamic choices based on the values of these ACF Fields, And ideally only for Products that are In-Stock to reduce size of dropdown list.

DROPDOWN LIST:
    Location 1 – Brochure URL
    Location 2 – Brochure URL
    Location 3 – Brochure URL
    Location 4 – Brochure URL
    etc

I understand within Advanced settings, Dynamic Choices can be selected for Post Type or Taxomny, but I’m not sure how this can be achieved with ACF Field Values.

The only workaround I have found so far is by adding custom WordPress taxonomy that is only related to products. It would act and show just like categories and tags do and show up on the Products page, which would allow the ability to select it from the Dynamic Choices inside WPForms. However, the major limitation here is that I would need to add the taxonomy to every single existing product, and it doesn’t consider stock status.

function add_custom_taxonomies() {
          // Add new "Locations" taxonomy to Posts
          register_taxonomy('location', 'product', array(
            // Hierarchical taxonomy (like categories)
            'hierarchical' => true,
            // This array of options controls the labels displayed in the WordPress Admin UI
            'labels' => array(
              'name' => _x( 'Locations', 'taxonomy general name' ),
              'singular_name' => _x( 'Location', 'taxonomy singular name' ),
              'search_items' =>  __( 'Search Locations' ),
              'all_items' => __( 'All Locations' ),
              'parent_item' => __( 'Parent Location' ),
              'parent_item_colon' => __( 'Parent Location:' ),
              'edit_item' => __( 'Edit Location' ),
              'update_item' => __( 'Update Location' ),
              'add_new_item' => __( 'Add New Location' ),
              'new_item_name' => __( 'New Location Name' ),
              'menu_name' => __( 'Locations' ),
            ),
            // Control the slugs used for this taxonomy
            'rewrite' => array(
              'slug' => 'locations', // This controls the base slug that will display before each term
              'with_front' => false, // Don't display the category base before "/locations/"
              'hierarchical' => true // This will allow URL's like "/locations/boston/cambridge/"
            ),
          ));
        }
        add_action( 'init', 'add_custom_taxonomies', 0 );
  • It has been a very long time since I’ve done this and a better source of information would be to contact support over at WPForms, they are generally very helpful.

But, I did once upon a time create do dynamic generation of field choices for a WPForms field. It involved using this hook

$filtered_field = apply_filters( "wpforms_{$field['type']}_field_display", $field, $attributes, $form_data );

You can supply a filter for each field type. Here is a list of all the filters available for WPForms.

I can tell you that you need to check the form ID $form_data['id'] and the field ID $field['id'] to make sure that you are altering the correct field.

Just like acf there is $field['choices'] and each choice is an array

array(
      'label' => 'XXXXX',
      'value' => 'YYYYY'
    )

and that there may be other indexes depending on the field type.

That is a about the extent of what I can offer.

I did use a lot of this when I was building the filter and just like ACF it gave me information about the field I was working on at the time.

echo '<pre>'; print_r($field); echo '</pre>';

• Thank you John, this is first class excellent information. Very helpful Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.