Support

Account

Home Forums Gutenberg How to allow Inner Blocks with ACF in Gutenberg

Solving

How to allow Inner Blocks with ACF in Gutenberg

• Hello! I’ve been playing around with ACF’s solution to custom Gutenberg blocks and I love the flexibility… however I’m having trouble figuring out how to allow other blocks to be used inside.

For example, I want to create a simple container block which allows for customizing the background, padding, etc. for any other block (like an image or paragraph, for example).

All I could find was this… any idea on how to hook it up with ACF’s method?:

https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/blob/master/packages/editor/src/components/inner-blocks/README.md

• NickDA

• November 30, 2018 at 11:53 am

This was already suggested to Elliot on Github, and the answer we got back was that this is something he is going to look into later on, once he finishes v5.8 I guess…

Personally, and for the time being, any container needs that I have for, like sections, tabs, etc… are put on hold, except one, called “section”, where I wrap a WYSIWYG field with the container code, and as a compromise for now, I will be using shortcodes that my theme and plugins provide to populate the content of that section. Not an ideal solution, but that’s the best I could do until ACF allows inner blocks, and my guess is that this has to be a new field type that needs to be created…

Anyone else willing to share their solutions regarding this issue, will be greatly appreciated, at least by me…

• Just chiming in to add my support for adding Inner Blocks as a feature for ACF Blocks! I’m looking to use blocks to create sections, too. This would be immeasurably useful. I’ll keep playing around on my own, and if I come up with any better alternatives, I will post them here.

• I ran into this issue as well for a general wrapper block with default options, ACF support for innerblocks would be awesome!

• jurky

• December 9, 2018 at 10:10 am

Yes, please! The plugin won’t reach its potential until this is implemented.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.