Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field How does one target a specific row in a repeater field with sub fields

Solving

How does one target a specific row in a repeater field with sub fields

• I’d add a count to the loop and assign the count number as an id/class.

E.g:

<?php	
    	$counter = 0;  //this sets up the counter starting at 0

if(get_field( 'repeater_field' )) {
    		echo '<div>';
    		while(has_sub_field('repeater_field')) {
    			$counter++; // add one per row
    			echo '<div id="row-' . $counter . '"> STUFF </div>';
    		}
    		echo '</div>';
    	} 
    ?>
  • Hi @john.marcello

Your title can be interpreted in a variety of ways.
    Do you want to add an id attribute to an element like the code exmaple above?
    Do you want to get all sub field values from row 1?
    Do you wan to get all sub field values from row x, where sub field y = ‘abc’?

A clear explanation would be great.

Thanks
    E

• Hi I guess I realized this after the fact…So here is what I want to be able to do:

I have a repeater field (called author) with three sub-fields (called book, title, year). There are two “rows” meaning, two entries in the repeater field group.

So something like:

Book1, Title1, Year1
    Book2, Title2, Year2

I am looking to write some conditional like

if (author_id == "21") :
    <display the data for row 1>
    endif;
  • Hi @john.marcello

How does author_id == "21" relate to the first row in the repeater field? There is nothing in that row of data that contains the author_id number ’21’

Thanks
    E

• Just an example for now to show the conditional. But what I am actually trying to do is associate a row with an author_id (some user data). So if a post is by a certain author, it will display an associated row of data about that particular author.

• Hi @john.marcello

Sorry, but your last comment has baffle me as to how I can help. You seem to understand the basics of a conditional statement:

if (author_id == "21") :
    <display the data for row 1>
    endif;

Perhaps you don’t understand how to get the sub field value to compare against? You can use a function called get_sub_field to do this.

Please read the docs to learn more

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How does one target a specific row in a repeater field with sub fields’ is closed to new replies.