Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues How do you remove the default WordPress page editor?

Solving

How do you remove the default WordPress page editor?

• I need to remove the default WordPress page editor for all pages as I want to use Flexible Content and feel that my client will get confused.

I have circled the bit I want to remove in black.

Please help!

• The removal of the editor or any of the other features only works for the first field group according to the order you set for the groups. You need to check this box on the first field.

• Hi,

I don’t quite understand what you mean?

Thanks,
    Dan

• When you create a field group there is a setting “Hide on screen”. In this box if you want to hide the content editor you tick that box.

However, the hide on screen settings will only be effective for the first field group on the screen. The first field group is according to menu order, if all of your field groups have a menu order of 0 then it will be the field group you created last (reverse date order). You can see the order that the groups are loaded by going to the list of field groups. They will be loaded on edit screen in the same order that they are listed there (/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=acf-field-group)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How do you remove the default WordPress page editor?’ is closed to new replies.