Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Gallery Field How do you really use "uploaded to post" limit?

Solved

How do you really use "uploaded to post" limit?

• For a gallery field, I see we have a field configuration value called “Library: Limit the media library choice” with options of “All” or “Uploaded to post”.

I want to have images in a gallery show as “attached” in WP, so I like the “Uploaded to post” option. I will only see images to put in the gallery if I’ve attached them to the post, and all my images will end up showing as attached to a post. This is great for managing my images and know which ones are “orphans” and not attached to any post. But what’s the best way to attach them to the post? How do others do it?

The only option I see in attaching them to the post when creating it, is to insert them into the post. I don’t actually want them as images in the post body itself; I just want them in the gallery after the post body.

Right now, the only thing I can find to do, is to insert them into the post, then delete them all from the body. Not the worst problem in the world, but a little annoying and inefficient.

Anyone have a better way? Thanks!

• When you upload an image into an image field or into a gallery ACF attaches them to a the post your editing.

• Hmm, I don’t know what I was doing wrong before, but it is working correctly for me now :-/

I did some more testing, and yes, they are being attached properly to the post. Thanks!

• And I don’t know why it marked my response as the correct answer here. John Huebner’s reply is the correct answer. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How do you really use "uploaded to post" limit?’ is closed to new replies.