Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) How can I add the post date to Post Object select and display?

Solved

How can I add the post date to Post Object select and display?

• I’m using the Post Object type field, and in the backend, this gives a select box that shows the titles of the posts and displays the post titles after selection.

I want to add the post publication date to both the selection area and to each post after it has been added. Using this doc https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf-fields-post_object-result/ I’ve been able to add the date.

function add_post_object_date( $title, $post, $field, $post_id ) {

$title .= $post_date = get_the_date( 'j F Y' );

return $title;

}

add_filter('acf/fields/post_object/result', 'add_post_object_date', 10, 4);

But, the date displayed is the same for all posts; and the date does not appear when selecting a post to add.

Do I need to reset the query to show the correct publication date for each post? How do I show the post date in the selection area? And, the date appears at the end of the title string; can it be moved to the front?

Thanks

• y9u need to specify the post ID https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_the_date

$title .= $post_date = get_the_date( 'j F Y', $post_id );

• Thanks, actually, I figured it out; I had to use $post->ID, as $post_id gave me the same date for all posts.

And I used a different concatenation method to put the date first:

function add_post_object_date( $title, $post, $field, $post_id ) {
    	$post_date = get_the_date( 'j F Y - ',$post->ID);
    	$date_title = "$post_date $title";
    return $date_title;
    }
    add_filter('acf/fields/post_object/result', 'add_post_object_date', 10, 4);

And FYI for anyone else reading, this sorts the post objects by date in the backend:

add_filter( 'acf/fields/post_object/query', 'change_posts_order' );
    function change_posts_order( $args ) {
    	$args['orderby'] = 'date';
    	$args['order'] = 'DESC';
    	return $args;
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘How can I add the post date to Post Object select and display?’ is closed to new replies.