Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Horrible slowdown with nested repeater

Helping

Horrible slowdown with nested repeater

• We have a clients site with a nested repeater field. This is returned in a shortcode. The client is using this shortcode within tabs which he adds in the backend with another repeater field.

So, the client adds 4 tabs using a repeater field, in each tab he adds a shortocde which calls in a nested repeater each containing around 10 reasonably small images.

This causes the page load to take about 26 seconds.

For testing I have cut the shortcode function down to just

if( get_field('prod_r', 'option') ):
    endif;

So all the shortcode is doing is checking if the field exists. With this line alone the load time is still 26 seconds. If I check another field, like

if( get_field('analytics_id', 'option') ):
    endif;

The page loads fine without the slowdown.

If I move the shortcodes into the standard page content the load time is about 8 seconds. Seems that for some reason, even just a conditional check

if( get_field('prod_r', 'option') )

is very slow but calling the shortcodes within jquery ui tabs that are also created by an acf repeater cause a dramatic increase to the slowdown of about 20 seconds.

Can’t get to the bottom of this one, any ideas?

Thanks

• Elliot

• September 21, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Hi @phantomdentist

Can you explain what the prod_r field is? Also, can you show some screenshots of the backend field / data?

Perhaps you will find a speed increase if you edit the field and change the image return type to ‘ID’ instead of ‘Image Object’ – this would load a lot less data

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.