Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Horrible slowdown with nested repeater

Helping

Horrible slowdown with nested repeater

• We have a clients site with a nested repeater field. This is returned in a shortcode. The client is using this shortcode within tabs which he adds in the backend with another repeater field.

So, the client adds 4 tabs using a repeater field, in each tab he adds a shortocde which calls in a nested repeater each containing around 10 reasonably small images.

This causes the page load to take about 26 seconds.

For testing I have cut the shortcode function down to just

if( get_field('prod_r', 'option') ):
    endif;

So all the shortcode is doing is checking if the field exists. With this line alone the load time is still 26 seconds. If I check another field, like

if( get_field('analytics_id', 'option') ):
    endif;

The page loads fine without the slowdown.

If I move the shortcodes into the standard page content the load time is about 8 seconds. Seems that for some reason, even just a conditional check

if( get_field('prod_r', 'option') )

is very slow but calling the shortcodes within jquery ui tabs that are also created by an acf repeater cause a dramatic increase to the slowdown of about 20 seconds.

Can’t get to the bottom of this one, any ideas?

Thanks

• Hi @phantomdentist

Can you explain what the prod_r field is? Also, can you show some screenshots of the backend field / data?

Perhaps you will find a speed increase if you edit the field and change the image return type to ‘ID’ instead of ‘Image Object’ – this would load a lot less data

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Horrible slowdown with nested repeater’ is closed to new replies.