Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Hide/Encrypt Add-On Activation Code

Solved

Hide/Encrypt Add-On Activation Code

• Hi,

I would like to request a feature to hide/encrypt the activation codes in the premium add-on files.

I am creating a premium WordPress theme that includes the Advanced Custom Fields plugin and all of the premium add-ons (Repeater Field, Gallery Field, Flexible Content Field & Options Page).

I understand that the license allows us to include the add-ons with premium themes, however, I noticed that anyone who downloads a WordPress theme would also be able to download the premium add-ons for free using the activation code.

Thanks

• Hi @thinkwell

Yes, I need to find a solution to simple remove the update script for then developers to distribute in their themes.

If you want, you can remove the update code which contains the activation code

• Hi @elliot

Sounds good. Where can I locate the update code that contains the activation code so I can remove it?

• Hi @thinkwell

Don’t worry about it just yet.

I will be releasing updates for all add-ons soon (just relased options page today) which will include a new ‘updater’ file which can simply be removed from the add-on for distribution within a theme / plugin

Cheers
    Elliot

• Fantastic, I look forward to seeing the new releases!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hide/Encrypt Add-On Activation Code’ is closed to new replies.