Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Hide WordPress standard fields in text widget

Solved

Hide WordPress standard fields in text widget

• Hello

I’ve set up some custom fields that only shows up in the text widget, but I’d really like it if I could hide or remove the standard “Title” and “Content” fields that are in the widget from the beginning. I have checked all the “hide on screen” options, but no luck.

Thanks 🙂

• I don’t think what you’re looking to do is possible. As a matter of fact, I just tried several searches for this on google and this question pops up every time. All the other results only have ways to hide them on the front end.

I think to do this you’d need to build a custom widget type. https://codex.wordpress.org/Widgets_API

• Alright, that’s too bad. It would be way more user friendly if those fields could be disabled.

I might have to build my own.

Thanks

• You could dig around and basically just copy the code from the standard text widget, I’m not exactly sure where that is, and remove the fields you don’t want and make other modifications to that. I actually don’t work with widgets that much so I’m only guessing that it wouldn’t be too difficult for anyone that’s done any WP coding.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hide WordPress standard fields in text widget’ is closed to new replies.