Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports hidden required field prevents post to be update

Solving

hidden required field prevents post to be update

• bonjour

• December 8, 2018 at 4:06 am

Hello,
    I found out that with the last ACF PRO release (5.7.8), it was not possible to save/update a post anymore when an hidden required field was empty. (a required field hide with conditional logic).
    That was not the case with previous ACF PRO version (5.6.8 for instance).

This new unexpected behaviour looks like a bug for me.
    But I could be wrong.

Thank you for your answer.

• m.s

• December 8, 2018 at 7:18 pm

It is similar with me since version 5.7.8. I use the Classice Editor and since the update all posts can no longer be update/save. If I deactivate ACF Pro, it works again.

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Hi @bonjour Did you find any solution yet?

• I can confirm, this issue is happening with us also using hidden/conditional logic in 5.7.8.

I’ve submitted a ticket already to work through a solution.

• bonjour

• December 10, 2018 at 6:32 am

Hi Ijazrafi,
    Unfortunately, the only way I found to address this issue is to unset required fields which is not a satisfying solution.

Thanks for the ticket WebMechanix.
    Hope we’ll get some feedbacks soon.

• morgan

• December 10, 2018 at 10:28 am

Hi there I am using WordPress 5.0 and ACF Pro 5.7.8 and have also discovered this bug.

I had a repeater with required fields and have had to switch the required attribute off in order to be able to save the post.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.