Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues help with checkbox and repeater in custom template

Helping

help with checkbox and repeater in custom template

• Hello forum! I am new with ACF and php in general so struggling a bit. I am trying to display a list of supplementary info in a sidebar which either link to pages within my site, or link to a PDF Download.

I would like the user in the backend to be able to input the info like this: In row or column 1—input the title of the link;
    In row or column 2—choose type of link using checkbox or similar; (Choices page : Page Link and file : File Download);
    In row or column 3—Using conditional Logic IF Page Link is checked: choose page link (use drop down to select page) or IF File Download is checked choose the file to upload to site.

I think I did that part ok using repeater add-on (will upload screen shot of general set up) but my problem is displaying the content on the front end. I can get a list of link titles to appear, but I can’t figure out how to filter the link itself (to another page or to a linked file). Im trying conditional below but not seem to be getting anywhere.

<aside>
    	<?php if ( in_category( ‘farrell’ )) {

$rows = get_field(‘reimburs_links’);
    	if($rows)
    	{
    	  echo ‘<h2>Reimbursement Information</h2>’;
    	  echo ‘<ul>’;
    	foreach($rows as $row)
    	{
    	if(get_sub_field(‘type_of_link’) == “page”)
    	{
    	  echo ‘<li><a href=”’.$row[‘page_link’].’”>’.$row[‘link_title’].’</a></li>’;
    	}

if(get_sub_field(‘type_of_link’) == “file”)
    	{
    	  echo ‘<li><a href=”’.$row[‘file_link’].’”>’.$row[‘link_title’].’</a></li>’;
    	}
    	}
    	echo ‘</ul>’;
    	}
            } ?>
    	</aside>

Ive spent hours on this reading and looking for tutorials. Tried ACF docs (hard to absorb at my level), googling and youtube so if anyone could please help… THANKS!

• Hey @eileen.schmidtke.

You’re on the right track there with the logic, you’re just missing a key function to make the check boxes work as conditional options.

You can find the documentation here: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/checkbox/

The part you should look at is this:

/*
    *  Conditional statement (Checkbox rvalue is an array)
    */

if( in_array( 'red', get_field('field_name') ) )
    {
        //...
    }

So for your code would look like this … I’ve cleaned it up and commented it a bit as well 🙂

<aside>
    <?php if ( in_category( 'farrell' )) {

$rows = get_field('reimburs_links');

if($rows) {
    	  echo '<h2>Reimbursement Information</h2>';
    	  echo '<ul>';

foreach($rows as $row) {

// If Page is checked, use page link and title
        	if(in_array('page', $row['type_of_link'])) {
        	  echo '<li><a href=”'.$row['page_link'].'”>'.$row['link_title'].'</a></li>';
        	}

// If file is checked, use file link and title
        	if(in_array('file', $row['type_of_link'])) {
        	  echo '<li><a href=”'.$row['file_link'].'”>'.$row['link_title'].'</a></li>';
        	}

}
      	echo '</ul>';
      }
    } ?>
    </aside>

Hope that helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘help with checkbox and repeater in custom template’ is closed to new replies.