Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO [Help] Project Archive

Unread

[Help] Project Archive

• hanson

• May 12, 2019 at 3:27 pm

Hey hey! I am trying to create a project archive for an architectural hardware company that supplies door hardware for projects. I am using SEOPress Pro, Beaver Themer, ACF Pro, FacetWP and CPT UI.

This is what a project should show:

Name of Project:

Description of Project:

Category of Project: (Residential/ Commercial/ Government/ Overseas/ Others)

Year of Completion:

Brand(s) Used:

Pictures:

I would like for users to filter projects (using FacetWP) by Category, Year of Completion and Brand(s) Used.

But the problem is, there are ongoing projects where there isn’t a Year of Completion yet and instead would need to display “Ongoing Project” or “Project still in progress” (something alone these lines).

I would want this to be as user-friendly as possible. When the project is completed, they can easily update the Year of Completion themselves. This is because I would want to display newer or featured projects on the homepage based on Year of Completion.

Another thing is, I need Category of Project to be in the url for example:

example[dot]com/project-references/category-of-project/name-of-project

I am familiar about a plugin called Custom Post Type Permalinks but am hoping to use as few plugins as possible because this company has 100+ projects to display.

Also, what are the best practices for what I’m trying to achieve from an SEO perspective? Please advise…

I hope the pros here can point me in the right direction 🙂 Thanks in advance!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.