Support

Account

Home Forums Gutenberg Gutenberg in the WYSIWYG

Solved

Gutenberg in the WYSIWYG

• lizery

• June 8, 2019 at 1:31 am

Probably a long shot but is there any way to make the WYSIWYG block work like the Gutenberg editor instead of the Classic editor? I know you can put ACF blocks in the main editor, but can you put Gutenberg blocks into the ACF WYSIWYG?

• You’ve already answered you own question. No, you cannot put blocks in an ACF WYSIWYG field.

I don’t even understand why anyone would want to do this.

• lizery

• June 8, 2019 at 5:42 am

Thanks. It’s a rare situation for sure but trying to build different page sections and allow the client to add content in the same way throughout. Most of the site’s content was added before Gutenberg was core – just hoping there was some way to keep consistency without rebuilding. C’est la vie. Thanks for the confirmation.

• The goal of gubergug is to allow the client to edit the entire page, eventually. Managing these sections all through the block editor. Trust me, I understand this, my clients need structure and none of them should be allowed to tweak the design of a page. Moving forward I am completely removing dependency on the default WP editor and will be using nothing but ACF fields for all content, including the main content. Either ACF will continue to support tinyMCE for it’s WYSIWYG or someone, maybe me, will build a custom field type for it if it’s removed, although I doubt it will be removed. I am not the only person in the world going in this direction.

• NickDA

• June 11, 2019 at 12:34 pm

Actually it is possible with the help of 2 tiny plugins, and a little bit of imagination !

1. The block(s) that are going to be used in TinyMCE must be Reusable ones. So step one is to create the Reusable blocks…

2. Install the plugin “Block Widget” (https://wordpress.org/plugins/block-widget/), this will put a Reusable block in a widget (and only a reusable block) – this is the reason step one was needed.

3. Install the plugin “Widget Shortcode”, get the shortcode for the Nlock Widget from step 2, and place it in your editor.

Still don’t believe me? Watch this … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI4Fe6XZmag&feature=youtu.be

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.