Support

Account

Home Forums Feedback Great Plugin, but what's next with ACF5?

Solving

Great Plugin, but what's next with ACF5?

• Hi!

I’m using ACF as a standard plugin to develop website since many years now.

One thing, I’m not sure I’ve understood what’s happening with ACF5.

The “free” version of the plugin is still ACF 4.4.4.
    The ACF PRO plugin is ACF 5.3.1.

Should we have to wait for a ACF5 “free” plugin, or the two version will just co-exist being ACF4 “the free one” and ACF5 “the premium one”?

I’m asking this because I am developing a theme in two versions (free & premium) and I would like to understand what’s happening to ACF, so that I can then pack the right version in the right theme!

Thanks!

• I’ll mark this topic for the developer to look at and maybe he’ll stop by and let us know. My understanding is that at some point there will be a free version of ACF5 released to the WP repository, or at least that was the case when 5 was first released only as the Pro version. That was some time ago now and I don’t know if this is still the plan or not.

• Thanks John, still waiting though!

• I was wondering the same. Asked yet to Elliot on Twitter but never got a reply.

• Hi guys

I’ll release a statement in teh next month on the ACF blog explaining the plans for 2016/2017.

I intend on releasing ACF v5 as a free update, adding support for existing add-ons, and then removing them from the store.

in the long run we will have ACF (v 5,6,7) and a PRO version too with the exact same version number!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Great Plugin, but what's next with ACF5?’ is closed to new replies.