Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Gravity Forms custom fields name

Solved

Gravity Forms custom fields name

• krismo

• December 3, 2013 at 12:33 am

Is it possible to Gravity forms a more friendly names for custom fields?

no such field_xxxxxxx

• Elliot

• December 3, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Hi @krismo

I have looked into this and unfortunately it is not possible.

This will not be an issue with ACF v5, so I will leave it for the time being and you will not have this issue in the near future.

Thanks
    E

• Following on from this post how do I tell which field that number refers to? I am running into the same problem.

• Elliot

• January 11, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Hi @valkrider and all other readers.

Please do NOT select a custom field which looks like ‘field_123gh44f’. This is the field_name used to save the field object, not the field value.

All ACF values are saved using the field_name, so if you have created a field in ACF called ‘City’ with a field name of ‘city’, please select ‘city’ from the GF drop down list.

Thanks
    E

• Elliot, I would if I could. All that appears in the list is a series of fields that start field_52c…. even though I saved them with proper names like in my case newsletter

• Elliot

• January 13, 2014 at 10:33 am

Hi @valkrider

Have you created a post and saved a value to the ACF field?
    GF only shows custom fields which exist in the DB. If you have not yet saved a value to the DB, GF will not show the field_name in the select list.

Thanks
    E

• Thanks Elliot that sorted it. This is a new CPT that I am setting up and wanted to do it all at once without creating any data.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.