Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Google maps api state field

Solving

Google maps api state field

• qwik3r

• August 8, 2019 at 6:32 am

I already posted about this in feature requests but thought I’d try here to see if there was a solution.

Is there anyway to just get the state field from the Google map?

• James

• August 12, 2019 at 6:02 am

Hi @qwik3r

Here is some code that you could use to separate the values from the string:

<?php 
    // vars 
    $contact_address = get_field('business_google_map', 'option'); 
    ?> 

<?php $address = explode( "," , $contact_address['address']); 
    echo $address[0].', '; //street number 
    echo $address[1].', '; //city 
    echo substr($address[2],0,3).substr($address[2],3,6); //state + zip 
    ?>
    • qwik3r

• August 12, 2019 at 10:43 am

Hey James,

Thanks for this, however I’m not seeing any outputted results.

First I should preface that this is in a repeater because I plan on having more than one address associated with a listing. But for this test it shouldn’t matter.

I created a shortcode to test and it just outputs ” and nothing else.

Doing a var_dump of the field gets this, not sure if it helps.

array(1) { [0]=> array(2) { ["dancer_address"]=> array(3) { ["address"]=> string(19) "Miami, Florida, USA" ["lat"]=> string(10) "25.7616798" ["lng"]=> string(18) "-80.19179020000001" } ["state"]=> string(2) "FL" } } , ,

Disregard the state field that is shown because that is not part of the Google Map itself, it’s a custom field I added to the repeater because I was stumped on how to accurately pick out the state from the Google Map array, so I just created a new field to be added manually.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.