Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Google map initial value using load_value()

Unread

Google map initial value using load_value()

• Hello,

(besides others 🙂 I am facing the following issue. A google map is retrofitted in a form, so I want users to verify their addresses on the google map, so I would like the google map to be loaded the first time using the fields users have already filled – address, zip code and city, but can’t make it work – not even sure if it’s possible.

I am using it inside an acf_form in the front-end, no additional code than the form itself.

I tried the following:

function google_map_value( $value ) {
    	if (!$value) {
    		$user_address = get_user_meta(get_current_user_id(), 'user_address', true);
    		$user_city = get_user_meta(get_current_user_id(), 'user_city', true);
    		$user_address_code = get_user_meta(get_current_user_id(), 'user_address_code', true);
    		$value['address'] = $user_address.' '.$user_city.' '.$user_address_code;
    	}
      return $value;
    }
    add_filter('acf/load_value/name=user_google_map', 'google_map_value');

The map now load showing the address I want in the google map info field but doesn’t trigger. What am I missing?

I also tried using JS, but couldn’t pinpoint the event of the map loading to properly compose the address to the google map field.

Edit: Also, how can you trigger the search programmatically? I read a few threads here, but nothing seems to be working (eg by triggering enter on the input)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.