Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Google Map API – Front End Map not showing (for development purposes only)

Helping

Google Map API – Front End Map not showing (for development purposes only)

• gmcgill

• August 17, 2019 at 10:10 am

Hi,

Firstly, I am not too fluent with PHP or JS but I am looking for help. We have inherited a website which uses the Advanced Custom Fields Pro and we have noticed Google is not loading the map properly. I went ahead and checked out the blog for support and have applied this code to the themes functions.php file. I also went ahead and registered an API (with billing) and enabled maps embed api and javascript maps api.

This is the code placed in the functions.php file.

function my_acf_init() {

acf_update_setting(‘google_api_key’, ‘my api key’);
    }

add_action(‘acf/init’, ‘my_acf_init’);

After adding this, I can see the map in the backend. How do I now get this to work in the front end? What piece of code and whereabout do I place the code?

Thank you for any help.

• Fletch

• August 29, 2019 at 2:49 am

The code to get this to show on the frontend is on this page under Template Usage

https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/google-map/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.